Monday, 10 April 2017

selife blocks and new blocks - some nice steady still images!

Hello!! A real written post. I hope you have been enjoying the videos I am posting here - they are such an efficient way of sharing information and ideas etc with you. I don't seem to get an option to say anything when I post them - so sorry if they they arrive somewhat abruptly! 
I also wanted to apologise for not answering your comments for the last few weeks. Somehow I had set my comments setting to a moderator setting - and I didn't see any of them - doh! I should be let loose with technology really. I have now found them and replied - and will try and look harder next time.

I thought you might like to see some stills of the sealife printing from the videos:

One of the plainer (not overdyed) ones - and then I played with a couple of different digital mounts:


 

Black prints then overdyed - and again a bit of playing:


Hopefully these give you an idea of how even just one simple print could be tweaked and mounted to make a beautiful piece of work to display
 And a few more - overdyed and some more plain ones:
 
 

 

 

 








These last two are done with the magic stamp heat moldable foam block - giving negative images




As I have enjoyed block rpinitng so much, I decided to add some into the range of products I sell in my online shop - www.hilarybshop.co.uk - 
I asked Jamie from Colouricious to get me some made by her craftsmen in India as I know this is a good source where fair profits go to the makers and make a huge difference to their lives. She picked them up for me on a recent trip and I will make a video using them. But I couldn't resist a quick first play - so here's some images of that!
























hopefully you can follow through printing and then overprinting on these. I used Jacquard textile paints for a change with these so I could try out layering translucent colours - loved the results and will show you more on the next video. I cant do spellos on videos either!! Bye for now - Hilary xx


6 comments:

  1. Love love love!! I get up each morning and have my coffee watching you work away. Thank you for taking the time to post so much and give us all inspiration. PS thank you for your video on depression. It made me feel great that someone knows how it feels. Sniff sniff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry to be so long replying - for some reason all comments were waiting for me to say they were alright before they were published - but no-one told me! How lovely to be helping arrat your day with cheerfulness - all helps keep the black dog at bay. And I am sure creativity helps us too xx

      Delete
  2. WOW, WOW, wow! Your prints are always so awesome!! And so inspirational!!! Gets me going everytime I see your work...thank you so much for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbie - sorry to be so long replying - for some reason all comments were waiting for me to say they were alright before they were published - but no-one told me!Love sharing what I'm doing - wush I had more time to do more videos. Hoping tp get another one done this week xx

      Delete
  3. All gorgeous! Now for some more collages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Vicki - really hoping ot get another collage video done this week xx

      Delete